November 14, 2008, Newsletter Issue #130: Trade copies of applicable tax forms with the charity and keep them on file.

Tip of the Week

If the amount of your deduction for your car donation is more then $500.00 then you must file the IRS Form 8283: Non-cash Charitable Contributions ( with your itemized tax return. A copy should be mailed to the charity or donation program. The IRS requires that the charity verify your donation and file IRS Form 8282: Donee Information Return ( The charity should send you a copy of this form for your records when you make a car donation.

About LifeTips

Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.

Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Car Donation Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
William Pirraglia