March 21, 2008, Newsletter Issue #97: Making a Car Donation in New York

Tip of the Week

The first step to making a New York car donation is locating your vehicle title. If you lost the title, you will have to contact the New York Department of Motor Vehicles to replace it.
You cannot make a qualified car donation to a charity without transferring the title. If the used vehicle is at least eight years old and worth less then $1,250, you will need to fill out a special form -- Form MV35 -- with the New York Department of Motor Vehicles.
To replace the lost title or access the form, go to the DMV's Web site:

About LifeTips

Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.

Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Car Donation Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
George Sayour